Monday, September 3, 2007

me



My passion lies not
...in getting a career-break, let alone pursuing one...
...It's not in how far I've traveled or can travel around the world, especially if it's a business trip and not with my loved ones...
...not in how many workshops or seminars I've attended and can attend and are ind
icated in my CV for all to see...
...not in how much my gross annual income is...

Cos where my passion lies is....
...in taking care of my child from birth to forever, making sure I am there for him all th
e way...
...cooking up a feast for Dj (my kid) and his friends on a stormy night, while the kids wait for the rain to stop so they can be on their way home...
...choosing what color canary to buy with my 5 year old niece (prior to this, cleaning out the birdcage and refilling the containers with bird seed and water)...
...reading & re-r
eading HP books with Dj beside me...filling me in on stuff I've already forgotten about....like who were the Peverells, etc.
...having Dj comfort me as I bawled over poor Dobby's death (yes! I did cry over Dobby!)...
...simply watching people go about with their lives as I walk through parks near Manila City Hall....
....walking al
ong the streets in Old Manila.....

1 comment:

Lena said...

WTF was i thinking???? Munchkin? Smushkin more like!!! eeew!!! Putrid!