Friday, August 31, 2007

my fondest childhood memories



batang bata ka lang at akala mo na
na alam mo na ang lahat ng kailangan mong malaman.......
i'm talking about the original version sang by APO...
hearing this song reminds me of my fondest childhood memories...memories of Alabang & BF...of 191 Apitong St.....Phnom Penh Cor. New Delhi Sts.
....camping out with Kuya Mike, Wowie, Haydee, Melle & Yek in the garden...playing make-believe Cinderella, Snow White & Sleeping Beauty and scaring the seahorse and squid in the bahay kubo inspired aquarium in the lanai...going to ATC with Kuya Mike to deliver burger patties at the Magnolia ice cream parlor (is that still around?...dunno eh, haven't been to ATC for so many years now)...tagging along with Kuya Mike while he withdraws money from the ATM (then I thought ATMS dispensed money endlessly!) Ü I thought Kuya Mike was really rich! he he....jogging in the streets in the morning with Pagsi and Shiela...proud parents of Boomer "Ate Inggay"s doggie!"......driving through Concha Cruz at full speed for fear of running into the "Legendary White Lady".........Icee @ Tropical Hut...the weighing scale at Tropical Hut!!! Ü FUNLAND!!!! Orange Tree where I got my favorite purple and pink Esprit shirts.....ELF!!! my all time favorite novelty shop! The "jelly thing" & cute stationeries at O'Smile!......Sunday mornings...waking up to the noise of Hitler and Evita...bike rides to as far as Hamburg, Houston...and Governor Santos......Christmas then was the best...maybe it was because I was still a kid or maybe it's simply because BF is where really my heart is.... =( We had our all white parol on our front door....we'd buy watusi in Kuba's store...we'd watch Koyang Pete and Steven light and pop those "5 star" and "bawang" firecrackers....
How I also loved going to Tabek and Tessa's place where we'd play boardgames & ride around in our bikes endlessly.....tagging my kid bro and sis Wowie and Haydee to Tabek's....playing "kickball" & her really great "detailed" dollhouse! Sometimes we'd just lie around & make kwento till we ran out of stories..then Tabek's Inay would call us for lunch, "a real treat" since she cooked the best dinuguan ever!!! How it went well with the california rice! yUM!!!
Going home, sometimes Kuya Jimmy would give me a backride on the famous "yellow hopper"...nahulog pa kami dun 1 time....I got sandwiched by the two and Tabek was like, "Kuya Jimmy lagot ka may sugat si Helen!" ha ha ha i dreaded going home that day!.........ang dami pang memories of my childhood.....of my home...........someday, I'm gonna go back.........until then i'll have these memories to hold on to..... Ü

No comments: